Now, I’m a student and a waitress so most of the time when I get a chance to cook at home it will either be late after my shift/class or quickly before it starts, so fast and easy meals make my world go ’round. One of the simplest, least expensive and delicious meals to make is the, oh so legendary.. Grilled Cheese! Well, my grilled cheese is nothing like you have ever had before.
I introduced to you the Chipotle Kickin’ Grilled Cheese:
4 slices of bread of choice (I used whole wheat) – $2.39 for a loaf
4 slices of Muenster cheese – $2.88 for a pack of 11 slices
2 thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts – $6.90 for 4 breasts
2 tbsp. of chipotle sauce (I used a Taco Bell brand) – $1.98 for a bottle
Butter (your preference)
1 lb. of broccoli – $1.68 (optional)
Minced Garlic (optional)
Directions (and I am not a chef so play with this however you’d like):
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Prepare chicken however you like. I like to mix a variety of spices on the chicken before baking.
3. Bake chicken for about 20-25 minutes or until no longer pink.
4. Once chicken is ready, heat a pan to medium heat and coat with butter and minced garlic for extra flavor.
5. Layer a slice of bread with 2 slices of cheese, a tbsp. of chipotle sauce, one chicken breast, and the top layer of bread.
6. Place in pan and let cook on each side until the bread is nice and golden brown.
7. Repeat for next sandwich.
I paired my sandwiches with some freshly steamed broccoli to add some veggies to my meal but, feel free to pair with any side of your liking. Chips? A salad? Soup? Go crazy!
A lot of these ingredients are common household groceries, so play around with what you have. Sautee some onions to add some more flavor. Switch up the cheese. No chicken, try deli turkey slices and maybe some bacon. Either way, this is a low-cost, easy, and tasty meal that you are sure to enjoy.