Ever bought the Knorr pasta or rice sides for a quick and cheap side dish for your dinner?
Knorr sides can be used for more than an easy and tasty meal accompaniment. These little, inexpensive packets can actually be turned into a delicious entrée.
The Knorr packets consist of flavored pasta & rice, that include: Alfredo Pasta, Alfredo Broccoli Pasta, Cheddar Broccoli Pasta, Stroganoff, Chicken and Broccoli Pasta, Mushroom Rice and Pasta, Chicken Fried Rice, Spanish Rice, Chicken Rice and Pasta, etc.
Choose a packet, add a couple extra ingredients and tada! A quick, easy, flavorful and affordable meal.
The recipe I followed is for Creamy Shrimp Alfredo but my boyfriend does not care for seafood so I substituted chicken for shrimp.
Ingredients (makes up to 4 servings):
- 1 package of Knorr Alfredo Broccoli Pasta Sides
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup of Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups of Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Weber Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning (optional), or your choice of chicken seasoning and amount used
- Thin sliced boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used 3 pieces)
- 1-2 Tbsp of Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Additional spices I used for extra flavor: garlic powder, Italian spice mix, salt & pepper (optional)
- Season chicken to your liking and add butter to medium skillet. Cook chicken in skillet on medium-high heat for about 5 minutes per side or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, prepare Knorr Alfredo Broccoli Pasta Sides according to package.
- Mix in tomato halves, baby spinach and additional spices (if you desire) to pasta sides during the last 5 minutes of cook time.
- Cut chicken into strips and place atop pasta. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bon Appetit!
Here are a few that caught my eye: